Thank you for visiting beautiful Colorado and attending the Natural Hazards Workshop! For those of you who have time to stay and play, we have compiled a list of nearby attractions you won’t want to miss.
Broomfield is situated between Denver and Boulder and is near the Rocky Mountains.
Denver has one of the nation’s largest park systems, 90 golf courses, more than 650 miles of paved bike trails, an impressive performing arts center, a wide collection of museums and galleries, and a variety of restaurants and a growing music scene.
At 5,430 feet, Boulder is nestled in the foothills, surrounded by beautiful rock formations and hiking trails. Boulder is well known for being “America’s Foodiest Town” and has over 20 craft breweries to quench your thirst.
Colorado is typically sunny and dry in July, so don’t forget your sunscreen and remember to drink plenty of water.
Attractions are listed by distance from the Omni Interlocken Hotel.
Arts & Culture
- Butterfly Pavilion and Insect Center – 3 miles
- Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse – 10 miles
- Celestial Seasonings Tea Company – 10 miles
- Historic Downtown Boulder – 10 miles
- Coors Brewery Tours – 12.5 miles
- Denver Aquarium – 15 miles
- Colorado State Capitol – 15 miles
- Denver Zoo – 15 miles
- Coors Field – 17.7 miles
- Downtown Denver – 20-minute drive
- Chautauqua Park – 10 miles
- Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park – 15 miles
- Red Rocks Amphitheater, a world-famous natural red rock amphitheater – 20 miles
- Broomfield Bay Aquatic Park, Splash, swim, and play all summer at The Bay! – 4.3 miles
- Beautiful Hiking Trails Near Boulder
- Beautiful Hiking Trails Near Broomfield
- Flatiron Crossing shopping and entertainment complex – walking distance
- Pearl Street Mall (Boulder’s pedestrian mall) – 8 miles
- 29th Street Shopping Mall – 11 miles
- 16th Street Mall (Denver’s pedestrian mall) – 15 miles
- Cherry Creek Shopping District – 22 miles